2004 in a candy coated blog shell
2004-12-14 & 11:25 p.m.
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?: Hmm....am getting a divorce, am in a lesbian relationship...and that is just the beginning.
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?: I am like not really good with goals or aspirations so I usually don't make any because then I feel like a loser when I don't follow through with them even though I never follow through with them so I really shouldn't be disappointed in myself but I do anyways.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?: Yes, my aunt did and little Baby Jake is currently known as "The Worlds Cutest Baby".
4. Did anyone close to you die?: Yes. My beloved, Charlie Pooh Bear died a week ago. It has been really devastating for me but I am working on living my life day by day and I try not to dwell on it too much.
5. What countries did you visit?: I like don't really travel to other countries. Travelling is like not really my thing. I already travel too much domestically. Oh yeah but I did got to the Land of the Canucks for an Indigo Girls show.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?: Independence. I am looking forward to being on my own and living for myself for once in my life. I was always reliant on another person for money and et cetera. I am looking forward to spending time with myself.
7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?: First of all, I will type the dates like a normal American unlike the person I got this survey from did.. Now for the dates... uh...July 18 because that is when I met Spikey and December 7th because that is the day that my Pooh died.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?: Finally having the courage to come out to my family and to end my marriage. It took a lot of courage to be the one to say that the relationship was over.
9. What was your biggest failure?: I try not to dwell on every mistake that is made. I would drive myself crazy. In some peoples eyes, there is a lot about me that is a failure but I don't feel that way. I feel as though a new chapter of my life is starting.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?:
I broke my ankle at the end of the year last year and it was still injured into 2004 but other than the occassional cold or sinus infection I was pretty healthy.
11. What was the best thing you bought?:
Concert tickets, plane tickets, and my NEW CAR...that I bought about 2 weeks ago.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?:
My own....I believe that I have had a good year refocusing my energy on things that I was ignoring before.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?: A friend has not been the same to me since I came out and our friendship has essentially ended. I thought of all people she was going to be supportive and understanding. She has not been and that makes me very sad sometimes.
14. Where did most of your money go?: Concert tickets, plane tickets, cars, pet healthcare.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?: Concerts, seeing Spike, my friend Tricia's wedding, my new car
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?: "Fill It Up Again" by the Indigo Girls
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?: happier. i'm in love.
b) richer or poorer?: the same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?: seeing my family and friends
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?: I don't know....eating?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?: With Spikey at my housesitting clients house.
21. Did you fall in love in 2004?: YES!
22. How many one-night stands?: no.
23. What was your favorite TV program?: Oh I am so hopelessly commited to television....my new favorite show that I didn't watch before would have to be America's Next Top Model and Extreme Makeover Home Edition.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?: Yes but why dwell on it....
25. What was the best book you read?: This year? I didn't read a lot, did I? I guess it would have to be Wicked.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?: GIRLYMAN!
27. What did you want and get?: happiness and serenity.
28. What did you want and not get?: another year with Pooh.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?: I can't think of one so obviously they weren't that great.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?: I spent my birthday cleaning dog urine out of carpet while my (EX) best friend was having a lovely vacation and I was watching her "I'm so afraid of the fireworks I am going to pee on the floor" dogs on. Oh and I turned 24.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurebly more satisfying?: more money I guess.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?: I am so disheartened with the American Political System I don't even know where to start.
36. Who did you miss?: I miss my family and friends who I don't talk to nearly as much as I would like and now I miss my Pooh so very much.
37. Who was the best new person you met?: Spikey. And I have also met some wondeerful new friends because of Spikey.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004: To thy own self be true. The Bard was a smart man when he wrote that.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "The prize is always worth the rocky ride." -The Indigo Girls
What Do You Have to Say About It?
<<<< relive my past & step into the future >>>>
Wilted Tulip - 2005-08-10
"Mullets of America: Step Away From this Femme" - 2005-05-27
Iím the dyke who will give it to you - 2005-05-11
Trail Mix - 2005-05-04
Can I be random? - 2005-04-27